Cavities are the most common tooth issue found today. Currently one in four In the age group of 20 to 64 has at least one cavity. It majorly happens when plaque, builds up on your teeth, slowly destroying the hard outer shell of your tooth also called enamel. Cavities that are not get treated early can lead to pain and infections that may cause problems with eating and speaking. Cavities that are not get treated early can lead to abscesses under the gums and then it has a big chance of spreading and having serious, and in rare cases fatal, results. Cavities, also called tooth decay or caries, cavities are caused by bacteria in your mouth, frequent eating junk food, sugary drinks, and not brushing properly.
What are the Symptoms of cavities?
· You feel mild or harsh toothache
· The tooth pain will be spontaneous
· Pain that appears to have no clear cause
· You will feel tooth sensitivity.
· Tooth pain when eating or drinking
· Holes and pits in your teeth.
· Staining on the surface of a tooth.
If you feel these symptoms there is a high chance that you have cavities. It’s better to take precautions before cavities get to your teeth.
- l Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- l Brush after each meal
- l Use interdental cleaners or dental floss for cleaning between your teeth.
- l Use a fluoride-containing mouthwash on a regular basis.
- l Limit snacking and eat healthful and balanced meals.
- l Avoid carbohydrates like candies, pretzels, and chips that can stick to the tooth surface.
- l Brush your teeth immediately after eating sticky meals.
- l Consume fluoridated water. Plenty of fluoridated water daily is recommended to keep children’s teeth healthy.
- l Regularly see your dentist for expert cleanings and oral examinations.
If you are facing a cavities problem you need to visit a dentist immediately. For the best result go to the best and most experienced dentist. We recommend White Root Dental Care by Dentist Ratna Patel. It is one of the most recommended dental clinics in Ahmedabad. For more information please visit the website www.whiterootdental.com